5.1.3 Official Release
Published on: May 1, 2013
The AASHTOWare Bridge Task Force is pleased to announce the release of AASHTOWare Bridge Management 5.1.3 (formally Pontis). Bridge Management 5.1.3 fully supports the AASHTO Guide Manual for Bridge Element Inspection by allowing the inspection and inventory of all bridges using National Bridge Elements. Version 5.1.3 was developed and tested to fully support the free AASHTO stand alone Migrator tool which migrates CoRE elements to the new National Bridge Elements. 5.1.3 contains a number of enhancements and capabilities which significantly improve the product, including many critical issues identified by the Technical Advisory Group during beta testing and in previous versions. Interested agencies can view a complete list of all changes and updates made to this version in the product’s ‘Release Notes’. Here are some notable highlights:
- New Database Scripts – This singular script will handle the entire spectrum of upgrades and database creation capabilities;
- Risk Assessment Framework – Allows agencies to capture bridge vulnerabilities as part of risk based asset management system required under MAP-21;
- Streamlining of the Desktop Interface – Removal of the Apply button;
- Load Rating Factors implemented;
- Improved report generation speed;
- Configurable hover text – users can add a delay, or turn off entirely;
- Improved the XML importing for large data sets;
- Increased the security on Crystal Reports for bridges; and
- Numerous outstanding bugs reported by the TAG.
Current licensees may request copies of 5.1.3 via electronic download and/or on DVD disk by emailing email@example.com or submitting a help ticket within JIRA. The default delivery method is the secure FTP site. Upon an agency request, each agency will receive a unique password for accessing the downloads. Please specify how you would like to receive the software in your request email, so we can meet your needs in a timely manner.
The AASHTOWare Bridge Task Force has been very active in the planning and development of BrM 5.2. In fact, development for Phase 1 is already well underway and Phase 2 is being planned with the help of the Technical Review Teams. To obtain the latest information on the software, development schedule, or other BrM information please refer to the product website at http://aashtowarebridge.com/.